Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 8 - Boat Ride on Sea of Galilee

Amy said they told her these boats are made to be like the boats in Jesus' time.

We were blessed to be able to join a private tour group on their boat ride.

We thought it was funny this man was steering the boat with his bum.

Wow, am I really riding a boat on the Sea of Galilee?  Will somebody pinch me?

The pastor for this group (mostly from England) invited us to join his short religious service.  It was wonderful.  He shared thoughts about what Jesus did on this Sea, led us in a song we weren't familiar with, but sang along the best we could, and had a few minutes of silent pondering.  Very nice.

After the service, the boat crew played a Christian song, which we were thrilled when we recognized it over their loud speakers, a beautiful rendition of "How Great Thou Art."  We sang along, and of course I had tears rolling down my cheeks.
This is the Sea where Jesus walked on the water, where Peter walked to Him.  He also preached from a boat on this water.   Mom scooped up a bottle of this water to bring home.


On the drive home from Galilee we stopped for gasoline and dinner.  The other three got hamburgers and fries (a big treat for Amy and Joni to have such American food) and I went a few doors down to a sandwich shop. 
Boy was I surprised when my salmon sandwich was RAW salmon!  I thought of Brother Bruce Williams, tried for a few bites, and then removed the meat.  I enjoyed the rest of my vegetarian sandwich.

 We brought home the leftover big, juicy hamburger for Tom.  It was a treat to watch his pleasure in devouring it.  He was still talking about it the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment