Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 3 - Lunch in the Christian Quarter

We ate at Papa Andrea's, a restaurant offering American and local food.  We ate on the patio/roof third floor, which was so fun!  It sprinkled rain on us but we didn't mind.  I was excited to try the local food.  Mom was worried, "What if you order it and you don't know what it is and it tastes gross?"  "Mom, I'm here for the EXPERIENCE."   I ordered a mixed appetizer plate.  On the menu it was called, "All of the up."   Amy likes this place because it offers some American food like cheeseburgers.  Turns out I liked "All of the up."





View from the restaurant. A cool fountain. My mom gets a kick out of the old and new - VERY old buildings and streets mixed with tons of satellite dishes on the roofs. 

Mom loves maps.  Amy has great sense of direction.  I don't even know which way is north when I'm in our church building.  I would NEVER be able to tell you which way is north in Jerusalem.  Not for a million bucks.  Well I would try really hard.  This is Amy explaining to Mom where we just walked on the winding, hilly, stone streets of Jerusalem's old city.








The view from the third floor restaurant.  A local Israeli girl watching the crowds below.  They had Israeli Independence Day holiday recently, so some people still have their flags up. 

After lunch I bought a few local candies to try.  My favorite was the sesame seed candy, I think mixed with honey.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment