Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 11 - Church & Fireside at BYU Jerusalem Center

Note: I added the pictures and captions for this post five years later, so I hope I remember things right.
Look at those curls! 

I think we were walking to the edge of Amy's apartment complex to catch a ride with a nice member of the branch, whom I think was a BYU professor. 

If I remember right, this professor and his wife are friends with cousin Mary Johnston-Zardus. 

This man is the only Jewish convert to the LDS faith whom I met. His conversion story is amazing. 






















Visiting teaching after church at the BYU Jerusalem Center. It's too much work to get together during the week, so this is a good solution! 

It touched my heart how branch members enjoy hanging out together for a while after church. Most of the branch was the BYU students who only stay four months at a time. The more semi-permanent branch members like students or ambassadors, seem to enjoy their few American LDS friends a lot. 

This friend of Amy's reminded me so much of my high school friend Cheryl Lynch. 

Amy told me this friend reminded her of me. I really liked her! I wish I could remember her name. 

Two of our Jerusalem friends - Sahar on the right (Relief Society president) and the man in the middle who usually only can get into Jerusalem if a family member has a medical appointment. 


I don't know where the pictures are, but we attended a fireside with a general authority who has recently served in ?Russia. I think he included a question and answer session. It was a wonderful experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment