Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 2 - Church of the Holy Sepulchre

The Church of the Holy Sepulchre houses the places where Christ was crucified and buried.
Personally I'm pretty convinced the real place is the Garden Tomb (see Day 1), because of a variety of evidence, and also because of how I felt both times I visited there.  This Church is pretty "bling bling" commercialized for tons of tourists, but I still felt touched that so many people from so many religions all came to this place to worship and honor Jesus Christ. 














I was especially touched when people knelt down to touch the stone where Christ's body was said to be laid upon to be prepared for the burial.  They reverently put their hand to the stone and their face shown a full heart focused on the Savior. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment